Re: PHP 5.2.0 Session Handling Bug? Can someone test this please?

Edward Kay wrote:
> Have you checked your error_log? I've had this problem when the wrong
> permissions were set on /var/lib/php/session which meant PHP couldn't write
> it's session files and hence generated a new ID each time. The error_log
> will tell you if this is the case.

No, but the problem doesn't exhibit those characteristics. Sessions work
generally, and I can log in to my application and do certain things that
require a working session etc. It's only when I used a page that posts a
large amount of data that the problem is apparent.

I've tried it with overridden session handling functions that store
session in a db too with the same results.

In my test here, you can do a GET request several times and get the same
id, it's only when you do the POST request that the bug is presented (at
least for me).

Cheers for the suggestion tho'.

Col.