Re: Scrolling text

On 13 Nov 2006, at 12:22 , Alain Roger wrote:
I would like to have a scrolling text (as banner) on our website.

er. eww.  But OK.

so, i would like to know if there is another way how to do a scrolling text without using flash, shockwave or other tool...only in php or HTML (in worse
case).

No. If you need to update a page that is already displayed, you need javascript.

However, the marquee tag should be able to be used without displaying on multiple lines...

That said, it's an ugly ugly tag and support for it is sparse. Avoid it. If you really want scrolling text you'd be better off finding some decent javascript code.

There, those are words I never thought I'd say.

--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."