Re: Shopping Cart

Be specific in stating what prior research has been done so that we may help, if possible. Point noted.

Helping out further, you'll find that this rule applies to almost all mailing lists.

2) We don't owe you anything. If you decide to go elsewhere for help don't expect us to feel guilty or upset or anything but mildly amused. I would point out that you're unlikely to find a better source of help than the 'official' PHP lists, but I really don't care enough about where you go for help.

My statement was meant as some behavioral/emotional modification, or an attempt at soliciting pity. So my lack of compassion is mutually returned.

Helping out even further with another general rule of etiquette on mailing lists, keep it cool and filter the crap. For example, Chris' initial reply came across as offensive and you could have surprised him by filtering his attitude, focusing on the real issue, and responding with information about what you have researched up to this point. Speaking of which, I think that's where this thread is. Have you researched any of the options that come up from Googling "php shopping cart"? Which options have you dismissed and why?

-Ed