RE: Re: Understanding persistent connections with oci8

On Thu, October 12, 2006 1:21 pm, Bauer, Jay W wrote:
>  I agree and right now all there is in the way of tools for an
> administrator to use within the PHP configuration is the number of
> persistent connections per server and the timeout interval.  These are
> bit crude as tools, but as the persistent_timeout now works it is
> useless as a tool to tear down unneeded, expensive connections that
> are
> no longer being used.

No.

It works fine.

It just tears them down LATER than you expect, and only under
conditions that make sense to tear them down...

Run your tests again, but wait for the timeout duration, and then ab a
non-OCI file with N requests at once.

N OCI connections should disappear.

You've done this for one connection, and it went away, as expected.

Scale your one-connection test up to N.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?