Re: ftp_put and ftp_chmod does not work

João Cândido de Souza Neto wrote:
Hello everyone.

I have got some parts of my system where some files are sent and i use ftp functions to save suche files.

When i run it in my local machine, it works fine but, when it is on the server i got some errors.

I was using ftp_put to copy such files from upload_temp folder of php to my system own folder and it does not work, i thought it could be because the ftp user has no permission in upload_temp folder of php.

Most likely. ftp users are usually locked in to their own home folders and can't access any other parts of the system. It's simply a security thing.

Then i tried to use php_chmod to give permissions for the apache user, move_uploaded_files to move such file and ftp_chmod agais to remove permissions. It does not work too, i think it is because the server has safe_mode on.

chmod will be affected by safe mode (please read the documentation):

When safe mode is enabled, PHP checks whether the files or directories you are about to operate on have the same UID (owner) as the script that is being executed. In addition, you cannot set the SUID, SGID and sticky bits.

move_uploaded_file will always fail because the file isn't uploaded through a form. The documentation makes this rather clear (see also is_uploaded_file).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/