Re: $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']

Peter Lauri wrote:
I am trying to track where the people entered a unique page from (developing
an affiliate system).

I have been using the $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'] to track this and record it
on a affiliate entrance of the web site. However, that is not tracking all
clicks. Only some of them have. I assume some of the links are not from a
traditional <a></a> link.

Is there any other way to do this?

Check the archives - this has come up a couple of times just recently. The usual way is to create URLs for referers in the following style...

http://domain.com/r/joesblog

Then you get /r/ requests routed to a referral tracker (several options for that), map "joesblog" to a referrer, log the hit and redirect.

-Stut