Re: PHP4 static properties - PEAR vs my solution

On Fri, October 6, 2006 10:59 am, Hodicska Gergely wrote:
>> This would be Really Nifty, if PHP allowed multiple inheritence so
>> you
>> could have a mixin class...
>>
>> Otherwise, however, you have to have a common base class across all
>> the various class systems in use in your multitude of web
>> applications, or duplicate the code (ugh!) in each.
>>
>> So if you have a single base class to throw this into, it's great.
>>
>> If you have a plethora of code-bases you work with, the global
>> variable hack is probably more suitable.
>
> Maybe you missed the subject of my mail. This wouldn't be a general
> solution, just a better one than it is now in PEAR. And PEAR has a
> base
> class, all PEAR classes have to extend it.

But users of the PEAR solution to staticProperties may or may not want
any other portion of PEAR as well.

So it's only "better" if it suits the needs of the user.

You'd have to ask the PEAR users if it's "better" for them.

Perhaps you meant to post on a PEAR list.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?