Re: Help on objects

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Martin Alterisio
  To: Satyam
  Cc: Deckard ; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 3:50 PM
  Subject: Re:  Help on objects

  2006/10/5, Satyam <Satyam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
    I've seen you already had a good answer on the errors in the code so I won't
    go on that.  As for OOP, the one design error you have is that you are
    asking for an action, not an object.   You want to make SQL inserts, that is
    your purpose, and that is an action, which is solved by a statement, not by
    an object.   There is no doer.  Objects are what even your English teacher
    would call objects while describing a sentence.  You are asking for a verb,
    you don't have a subject, you don't have an object.   Of course you can wrap
    an action in a class, but that is bad design.  Classes will usually have
    names representing nouns, methods will be verbs, properties adjectives, more
    or less, that's OOP for English teachers.

    Satyam

  You're wrong, partially:

I am sure you could have stated that in a more courteous way.