Re: Rapid application development

On Sat, September 30, 2006 12:44 am, Ahmad Al-Twaijiry wrote:
> What is the best RAD (Rapid application development) do you use for
> PHP to develop an *advance* application in few days or weeks ?
>
> I like programming but one this that I hate is the first stage of
> programming when you start creating the basic code (db connection,
> interface, insert,update,....etc), this is why I'm looking for a good
> RAD tool that can speed up my programming.

You're not gonna like my answer... :-)

vi

Since my db connection code is the same one-liner (2 for MySQL) every
time, it's not exactly tricky.

The UI is always a couple functions in the globals.inc for the
masthead/navigation and footer, which only takes as long as it takes
to make it "pretty" (or slap in somebody else's "pretty", more likely)
so there's no RAD for PHP involved there.

So then I'm pretty much stuck writing the custom stuff for the content
in the middle which is, well, custom...  So there's not a lot of RAD
to do on that bit.

I suppose if you insist on cluttering up your code with some massive
framework of silly wrappers that don't have any added value, and it's
always the same template-like code every time anyway, you could just
write that ONCE, and then copy it to a new directory whenever you
start a new project.

What really changes?

Username/password for the DB.
Maybe an IP/DNS for the DB host.

The interface, which is hopefully different enough to be reasonably
attractive...  Unless you want that "this looks just like every other
site I ever built" look... [shrug]

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?