Re: php/css and .htaccess [SOLVED]

On Sat, September 23, 2006 10:06 am, tedd wrote:
> I am sure that with a little browser sniffing via php and taking

Browser-sniffing is the unreliable part.

> compliant (hack-less) code, one could get the code to adapt to the
> browser. In other words, this would present an option for all css
> coders to ignore all hacks. Just add a couple of lines to their css
> code (i.e., header) and change their .htacess file-- and after that,
> they would just write compliant code and the php would make the
> changes to match the browser -- why hasn't that been done?
>
> It's not simple, but it certainly is not impossible.

I generally just don't do the CSS hacks. -- If I have to hack the CSS,
then that defeats the purpose of using CSS.

Change the design to avoid the hack. :-;

That said, sure, it would be a fine thing to have browser-specific CSS
spit out by PHP in your CSS, if you have somebody competent enough to
do the CSS and not screw up the PHP...

Rather defeats the purpose of separation of Church and State, but
there ya go...

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm