Re: How to write PHP extension in FPC

On Thu, September 21, 2006 4:25 am, Bronislav Klucka wrote:
> Sorry for previous question, was not that clear at all
>
> Does anybody know how to write PHP extension in FreePascal?

Port the FreePascal to C first? :-)

I dunno... I mean, maybe there's some fancy FreePascal->C bridge
thingie to make it all work...

Can you include a bunch of C header files and make them work?

Cuz there's a TON of stuff in PHP C header files of macros and whatnot
that make it easy to write an extension.

Working without those or rolling those all over again in FreePascal
would be a nightmare, I suspect...

I just gave a talk at the Chicago PHP User Group "Extension Writing
for Dummies" based on my experience with: http://l-i-e.com/perror

I really think you'll have an eaiser time porting the FreePascal to C
than trying to marry C and FreePascal, but I'm no expert.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm