Re: Open file on a Mounted Share on Mac OS X

Hi there.

Look at the man page for "mount_smbfs" - especially the -M option which ia able to set permissions on the mounted SMB volume. If that doesn't help, when you said you tried to make a shortcut to the file - did you do this in the Finder? Try it with a symbolic link in stead (man ln). e.g. ln -s source file target file and place the symbolic link into a folder that PHP/Apache have access to.

Whit a symbolic link (which is not exactly the same as a shortcut created in the Finder), your link will act exactly as the target it is pointing at so to say.

Good luck.

/frank