Re: Open file on a Mounted Share on Mac OS X

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 16:33, Rahul S. Johari wrote:
> In my Windows 2003 Server I've given the Mac OS X user all the permissions
> possible for that Share.
>
> Is there something I have to do in php as far as permissions are concerned?
>
> On 9/12/06 5:31 PM, "John Nichel" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Rahul S. Johari wrote:
> >> Ave,
> >>
> >> I¹m getting really frustrated with this. How do I get PHP to open/read a
> >> file which is on a Share, mounted on Mac OS X.
> >>
> >> My Mac OS X is connected to a Windows 2003 Server... A Shared Folder
> >> remains mounted on my Mac OS X and I need PHP to read a file off that
> >> share. But it won¹t! I just can¹t get the path to work!!
> >>
> >> I¹ve tried ³/Volumes/Server/file.dbf² ..... I¹ve tried to create Aliases
> >> (shortcuts)... But nothing seems to work! What¹s the trick? How can I
> >> get this to work? Any suggestions?
> >
> > Permissions?
>
> Rahul S. Johari
> Supervisor, Internet & Administration
> Informed Marketing Services Inc.
> 500 Federal Street, Suite 201
> Troy NY 12180
>
> Tel: (518) 687-6700 x154
> Fax: (518) 687-6799
> Email: rahul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.informed-sources.com

This may be due to my huge lack of experience with Mac OSX, but I would think
it has its own permissions for files.  I'm not sure if they stuck with the
BSD type file permissions or implemented their own.  I'd check that first.

If that doesn't work, what is the error that you get?  "Access Denied"?
--
Ray Hauge
Programmer/Systems Administrator