Re: if statement with or comparison (newbie)

At 12:29 PM -0400 9/9/06, Robert Cummings wrote:
On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 12:12 -0400, Mark Charette wrote:

 As a senior member of the software QC department in a major industrial
 company, I generally find more errors and omissions in validation
 routines during code reviews and ethical hacks than anywhere else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_authority

Where's Tedd, he's got the latin to go with the above link >:)

Cheers,
Rob.

Rob:

Don't throw me in that briar patch. I know the saying "Locus ab auctoritate est infirmissimus" may appear to fit, but I think in this case "se méfier de l'eau qui dort" is better.

Besides:

A) I was the one that started this fire storm.

B) Mark came in and backed me up.

C) Stu, who respect greatly, surprisingly waded in on the other side.

Now, I stand cowardly between two opinions not wanting to offend either, nor embarrass myself publicly, which I do often enough anyway.

However with that said, my original question/statement still stands.

I realize (AS WE ALL DO), that *all* data coming from outside *must* be sanitized -- BUT -- using $_REQUEST still does not provide as much information as to where the data came from as the use of $_GET, $_POST, and $_COOKIE -- that's an unarguable fact, is it not?

This thread was like an old-west circled wagon train with everyone inside expounding about the obvious dangers of an Indian attack* but failing to listen to some who are saying "They're attacking from the West", while arguing it's not important to know which way the attack comes. I think some just misread the point of the post.

tedd (as he scurries around to the east side of a rock while dodging arrows)

*In keeping with current Political correctness, it was an US "Indian" attack -- also note the attack was from the West and not from the East. :-)

--
-------