Functions vs html outpuit

Hi all, this may seem like a silly question, but I am creating a library of
html form element generation function, for example a textarea fucntion that
takes rows and cols as parameters, a function that generates a day, month
and year select box, etc. My question is - is it significantly to switch off
the parser and emit raw html than calling a function? If it is faster to
just allow the server to send the html I will not bother.

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk
http://www.projectkarma.co.uk