Re: Extream OT

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 13:05 +1000, Chris wrote:
> Of course it's possible. Linux mail servers allow mailboxes, depending
> on which mta you are using it's different.
>
> No idea what plesk uses.

A pretty safe bet is to export your mail as MBOX, this can be done via a
PHP or perl script, and then move them across. Almost every known MTA
can use MBOX format, even the crummy ones. If it is on a production
linux box, the MTA is probably going to be either Exim, Postfix or
Sendmail (maybe) and all of them can work with mbox without issues.

If you do get a PHP "anyMail2mbox" script going, please let me know, as
I was actually thinking about doing something similar the other day, as
I was thinking of dumping both Mbox and mailman tgz archives into our
forum and writing an import for that as well as being able to export
archives and forum posts as Mbox for new developers to look at offline,
without downloading the mail archives.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm