Re: Php and Cygwin SVN

Mariano Guadagnini wrote:
Hello list,
I'm developing an application that fetches some files from a local svn repository, and shows them on request (using svn cat, svn list and such). Originally, it was deployed in Linux (Apache, PHP5.0) and worked perfectly well. I tried to port it to Windows (specifically, WinXP Pro SP2, PHP5, IIS5), and because it depends on many command line utilities, i decided to install cygwin. After struggling a bit, i got it working. The thing is that, when executing any cygwin svn command (via shell_exec), many command windows pops up appears on the windows desktop, making the sistem quite slow during the process. I realized that, this happens because of shell_exec opening a new shell on every command call, i tried the other exec functions, but the same happened. I wonder if it is posible to launch those commands in a silent manner.

Thanks,

Mariano.-

There is a windows port of Subversion, and the GNU utilities you're referring to have mostly been ported to Windows without the use of cygwin (see gnuwin32). Do you really need to rely on cygwin?

Regards, Adam Zey.