RE: replace single and double quotes

At 5:04 PM +0200 8/29/06, Reinhart Viane wrote:
About the language remark:
I believe you try to say I need to find a way that the client can add 25
languages without me having to change the database layout or the coding?
Well I can assure you this will not be the fact. The client only needs these
two languages but maybe I should look into it anyway

Depends upon what's in the dB -- if it's language specific, then you'll have to change it. If it's not, then you won't.

For what it's worth, the language independent code that I've written in the past used constants for language specific labels. From there, I would program using English for my code, but those constants could be changed by a single setting allowing them to be their language counterparts. Food for thought.

About SQl injection:
I must say this is very interesting.
I always wondered what are does and donts when inserting data from a form
into a database and how to check someone did not enter any php code.
Besides the google lookup is there maybe an site or paper dedicated to this?

There are different types of injection. I recommend Essential PHP Security by Shifiett:

<http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/059600656X/ref=nosim/102-4387829-1116967?camp=2025&dev-t=D26XECQVNV6NDQ&link%5Fcode=xm2&n=283155>

Well worth the money.

tedd

--