Re: Recommendations for PHP debuggers?

Larry Garfield wrote:
I'm watching this thread closely myself, as I'd love something to use at home (on Linux) that doesn't cost what Zend does. :-) Currently I use PHPeclipse, but it is frankly not that good (the code assistance feature is rudimentary at best), and I've not setup the debugger yet. That, and Eclipse itself is just a dog slow memory hog.

Did you look at this? I posted it earlier and although I've not hooked up the debugger, AFAIK it's free (but provided by Zend), so it should suit you nicely (except that you'll still need that extra gig of ram to run eclipse ;))

http://www.zend.com/phpide/