Re: Shopping cart

Granted, the shopping cart/credit card processing modules I've been required to write have not been massively complex, but I am still a bit baffled why so many fully qualified programmers automatically leap to Xcart, OSCommerce, and other such solutions when shopping carts are not at all difficult to write.

I've found the third party jobbers I've looked at to be messy code-wise, and that's being polite.

If you have anything custom to do, if the cart doesn't work just the way you want it, you'll spend more time trying to get OS and X doing what you want then just writing it yourself.

But that's just my opinion.