Re: e-Commerce password standards?

At 2:45 PM -0500 8/18/06, Richard Lynch wrote:
I've searched some of the obvious candidates, found nothing much, and
am in the process of determining at least some of the basic "rules"
for other similar sites.

Richard:

I'm sure you Googled for this, but "password strength" brought up some interesting results. The most interesting/informative for me was:

http://www.securitystats.com/tools/password.php

I think the site is a bit dated, but it's good information.

To force your users to have a "secure" password, you could provide tools to help them, such as a password generator (one that would suit your security concerns) or provide a "strength meter" and then only accept those with the appropriate strengths.

I have code, but some might refer to it as kiddy-script caliber.

Please let me know if I can help.

tedd
--
-------