Re: PHPSESSID used sporatically

On Wed, August 16, 2006 8:44 pm, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Searching through the logs and browsing my site (see sig) I sometimes
> see
> PHPSESSID is used as opposed to cookies. I know it's not simply that
> the
> client doesn't support cookies because I can see the same IP
> transition
> to and from using PHPSESSID. Can someone explain why this is
> happening?

Your assumption that the same IP is the same session is one
explanation...

IP in general is useless for identification, much less authentication.

Unless you KNOW those specific IPs are static, and only used by one
person on one browser, then you need to do much more research to see
if people really are switching from Cookie to PHPSESSID (presumably
via GET).

A simple error_log in your script should get you started:
error_log(session_id() . " $_COOKIE[PHPSESSID] $_GET[PHPSESSID]");

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm