Re: Cookie Variables Maxing Out Using IE6

On Wed, August 16, 2006 9:00 am, dpgirago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Does IE6 limit somehow/somewhere the number of cookie variables I can
> create and store?

Yes.

Read the Cookie spec.

There's no need for any site to ever send more than ONE Cookie anyway.

Just use session_start() and you can store all the stuff in $_SESSION
and it's all tied to the one Cookie.

Users like me who set the browser to prompt for Cookies will often
LEAVE a site that is being stupid and sending too many cookies, unless
we really really really need your content, which is unlikely.

You can Google and find the Cookie spec on Netscape's site -- It's
very easy to digest, no pun intended, and a very well thought out
spec.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm