Re: Mail reply-path

At 11:06 AM -0400 8/15/06, Jon Anderson wrote:
bob pilly wrote:
Im trying to send emails using the mail() function but im having a problem. Because the box that the scripts sit on is a shared web-hosting package the Reply-path part of the header always comes up as nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but i have set the from part of the header to automail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx A lot of people are not getting the emails (most are) and im picking that its because the domains on the 2 header parts are different and they have some sort of antispam policy which blocks these. Apart from changing the domains or email addresses to be the same has anyone seen this problem before and if so can you give advice or point me to some relevant docs on it? I have tried to change the Replay-path: part of the header with code but it seems to default to the above.
I think you're looking for the 'Return-Path' header rather than the reply-path. (Or perhaps even Reply-To?)

This works for me (use your own name and domain):  :-)

$to = "tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
$re = "Subject";
$msg = "Message\n";
$headers = "Return-path: <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>\r\n";
$headers .= "From: tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>\r\n";
$param5 = '-ftedd@' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
mail ($to, $re, $msg, $headers, $param5);

tedd
--
-------