Re: Include and require

Dave Goodchild wrote:
Hi all - I have several require_once statements in my web app to load in
small function libraries. A common one bundles a variety of functions to
handle date math and map month numbers to month names. I originally defined
an array in that file plus a bunch of functions but when I loaded the page,
the array variable, referenced further down the page, was NULL. I wrapped a
function def around the array and returned it and all was fine.

I may be suffering from mild hallucinations, but can you not define
variables in a required file? It is not a scope issue as the array variable
is referenced in the web page, not in any function.

I know for a fact that you can define variables in PHP 4 and 5. The idea behind include and require is little more complex than copying and pasting the code. Many of my scripts include a config.php which has various variables created with setting information.

Regards, Adam Zey.