proxy server

I have a bulk emailing list to a select group (I never spam, only to those who want it). Sometimes their imap/pop servers block my mail. I know I can assign another smtp over-riding what is in the php.ini file. I can likely find enough code here:
http://ca3.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php
So, where can I find another smtp server that will send my mail (using php) and certify that it comes from me?
Is a proxy server the way to go? Costly?
John
John Taylor-Johnston
"If it's not Open Source, it's Murphy's Law."

''' Cégep de Sherbrooke:
ô¿ô http://www.cegepsherbrooke.qc.ca/languesmodernes/
- 819-569-2064

°v° Bibliography of Comparative Studies in Canadian, Québec and Foreign Literatures
/(_)\ Université de Sherbrooke
^ ^ http://compcanlit.ca/ T: 819.569.2064