Re: A way to stop spam on this list

They're not Jap but Chi. And they drove me crazy on my websites until
I fixed them.

http://www.lilyregister.com/page/?p=contact is what stopped the idiots.

Gerry

On 6/19/06, Denis Gerasimov <denis.gerasimov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List Members,

I am very tired of deleting spam messages received from PHP mailing lists
and I think we all are.

As I can see most of the spam messages are in Chinese / Japanese.  Since
this is an English-only mailing list I would like to suggest blocking all
messages containing such Chinese / Japanese characters in body, or at least
marking all of them with the word [SPAM] in subject (so mail clients will be
able to deliver it to the Spam folder). AFAIK PHP lists use some home-grown
moderator so doing this should be an easy task.

Of course that may affect some legal users that have such characters in
their signatures, but in this case it sounds reasonable just to reply with
an email explaining blocking policy so any legal user will know what to do
to get his message go through the moderator.

What do you think?

Have a great day,

Denis S Gerasimov
Web Developer