Re: suphp problem

On Sat, July 22, 2006 4:05 pm, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> I have around 8000 VHosts and normaly do not use "suphp" for security
> reason.  All VHosts have there own UID/GID and the Apache VHosts are
> setup with
>
>     User        $UID
>     Group       $GID

Does that actually work?

Last I heard, that wouldn't actually affect the UID/GID of the running
application...

Or maybe it works for the CGI...

> Now I have added to a singel VHost directive
>
>     <ifModule mod_actions.c>
>         Action  application/x-httpd-php  /cgi-bin/php5
>     </ifModule>
>
> and NOT restarted Apache as written.  I have killed it and then
> started
> from scratch but nothing is working...
>
> Then I have removed "libapache-mod-php5" and now Mozilla let me
> download
> the php files and if I use <http://domain/server-info> I see the
> "mod_actions" enabled and the "Action" is configured.  Now I have
> restarted the Server again and I get an error 500.

I would expect User/Group inside of VHost to give error 500...

> The problem is, that I need "libapache-mod-php5" on all VHosts,
> but php-cgi only on 7.

The action bit SHOULD work for this part.

> So what is the secret to get "suphp" running?

I dunno nothing about suphp.

> Yet I have reinstalled "libapache-mod-php5" and the Website is working
> again, but I can not use 'fopen("/home/server/log/some.log", "a")'.
>
> I need "suphp" only on those 7 VHosts, since the must write to some
> files OUTSIDE of the $DOCUMENTROOT but in the USERSPACE of the VHost.

suphp should allow this, in theory, as I understand it...

But I don't think the Apache User/Group settings inside of VHost is
the way to make suphp to work, as I don't think Apache will allow that
in the first place, which I think is causing your 500 error.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm