Re: Problem Loading Extension

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:50:12 -0500
Ray Hauge <ray.hauge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I successfully compiled PHP 4.4.3 and PHP 5.1.4 today.  I'm having a problem
> with loading the PDFLib extension (pdflib_php.so).  It works fine in PHP 4,
> but PHP5 is not loading it.  I do know that I have the file in the correct
> location (same as the mysql.so file), and when I take out mysql.so, then
> mysql functions are not available.  I am not sure why this module is not
>
> I checked the error_log, and I didn't get any error messages at all.  STFW
> didn't give me a whole lot of information.  Anyone have any ideas of where to
> look to find out why it's not loading?

Was the module compiled for 5? Check the apache error.log. If the .so
can't resolve a symbol or similar, usually that type of error appears in
the apache error log. Also, of course the .so needs to be in the right
location and the php.ini needs the appropriate extension directive.

Mike

--
Michael B Allen
PHP Active Directory SSO