Re: Dividing, and keeping, text from the first space

Robert,

Thank you for responding.

The extra slashes are to properly escape the backslash character since
you are using double quotes....
As I said you may want the following pattern in cases where no space
exists:
Thank you for your detailed explanation. Especially with regards to the impact of double quotes versus single quotes in an expression. I see now that I most likely will find it simpler to use single quotes and avoid having to escape characters excessively.

As you might have seen in a response of mine to another of your postings, all this advice has come together, and my script now accomplishes what I had hoped it would.

Thank you and the PHP list in general for the continued great support.

--
Dave M G