Re: Best way to get PHP5

Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Chris W. Parker wrote:
>
>> Jack Gates <mailto:jlgates@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>    on Wednesday, August 09, 2006 10:16 AM said:

>>> What sort of negative things have you heard in general about (FC5)?
>>
>> Honestly I don't remember. But I've now got a generally negative view of
>> FC5 versus previous versions (last one I used was 4 I think).
>>
>> If you're aware of any FUD that's been spread about it, feel free to
>> speak the truth.
>>

> If you want to really learn Linux, try Gentoo.  If you just want a very
> good and easy to use Linux, go with SuSE.

sane words. debian is a good alterative to Gentoo (and there's Ubuntu which is a
more userfriendly derivative of debian).

personally I prefer eating razor blade than using something from redhat - I have
never used FC but if it's anything like RedHat Enterprise Server then I'd only use
as a bookend (if at all) if I were you. ;-)

FUD-tastic!