Re: Cron running 'Hello world' script dies with "Could not startup."

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:01:41 -0500, Ray Hauge wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 August 2006 09:01, Ivo F.A.C. Fokkema wrote:

>> > I think he's asking if the php program is executable to you, the user.
>> > It is possible that it would only have execute for owner and group, not
>> > other.
>>
>> Sorry, yes, The PHP binary is executable by all. Actually, I'm very sure
>> the error message "Could not startup." is generated by PHP-cli. When
>> googling on that exact message, I found it in the PHP-cli source code
>> (including the period at the end). However, I cannot determine from the
>> PHP-cli source code what's up.
>
> It looks like when you run the script, then it works just fine, but it blows
> up when you run it through cron.
>
> Two things I would check:
>
> 1) Cron can read your *.php files.
>
> 2) Cron can run php
>
> to test #2, have cron do a php -i and see what happens.

1) was OK, but 2) didn't return anything, not even an error... this has
started me thinking, and when using -ni it works...! -n makes PHP-cli
ignore the .ini file. When looking at my .ini file, the modification date
is July 31st, the day it all stopped working. I need to leave now, but
will investigate tomorrow to see what's up with my .ini files, on both
machines, and check if my scripts run with -n or after tweaking of the
.ini.

Thanks!