Re: yahoo thinks html mail is spam, what's wrong with header?

On Mon, August 7, 2006 7:21 am, blackwater dev wrote:
> When I try to send email from my server as html, my yahoo account and
> several of my user's email accounts mark it as spam.  I can send a
> normal
> email via mail() just fine but when I try to to html, it's bad.

Yes.

Because most HTML "enhanced" (cough, cough) email *IS* spam.

> I've
> played
> with a few things but can't seem to figure it out.

You'll have to compare email that makes it through that *IS* HTML
enhanced with your email, and compare all the headers and body and see
what telltales triggered the spam filter.

Spam filters these days are complex operations calculating the "odds"
that any given piece of email is or isn't junk.

If you can find out exactly what software / rules Yahoo uses to
determine what is/isn't spam, then you could compose your email to not
get caught -- But I doubt that Yahoo publishes this info.  And it's
subject to change without notice anyway.

Your best bet is to get the recipients to whitelist your sending
address so they always get your email.

If you can't get them to do that, then they must not want your email
all that badly, and you might as well give up on them.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm