Re: PHP Frameworks - Opinion

Matt Todd wrote:
In my experience with the other frameworks (primarily Wasp, CakePHP,
Symfony, eZ Components, and Zend Framework), I've found that I was not
satisfied with the quantity of low-quality code they advocate. I have
a high standard for code quality, readability, maintainability, and
(more generally) semantics.

Because of this, I determined to build my own framework. This was a
few months ago, and Canvas[1] was the result of my labor. I produced
this framework while working on numerous projects at the university I
work at. This allowed me to build an application concurrently with the
framework and give it a good benchmark for usability, feature,
performance, etc.

Some of the features include pretty URLs and a fairly capable router,
a simplistic implementation of the ActiveRecord pattern (with a very
easy way to make adapters for your favorite flavor of RDBMS),
incorporation of Smarty for its templating, and usage of the MVC
pattern. (Of course, this list is hardly sorted by priority.)

A quick sample of using the ActiveRecord implementation:

class shoe extends Model {}
$shoe = new shoe();
$shoe->find_by_color('green')->delete();
$shoe->find_by_id(12);
$shoe->color = 'red';
$shoe->save();
$shoe->find_or_create_by_color('tangerine');
$shoe->find(array("where"=>array('color like ":color" or size >
":size", "color"=>"pink", "size"=>"11")))->all();

Do check it out.

M.T.

1. http://c.anvas.es/

Please do not recommend stuff like this.
It is a funky framework!