Re: PHP Frameworks - Opinion

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 12:35 -0400, Gabe wrote:
> What's the common consensus as to a solid PHP framework to use for
> application development?  There seems to be a number of them out there,
> but I'm not sure which one's are the most robust, actively developed,
> secure, etc etc.
>
> Thoughts?

I use Zend Pro - it makes for very effective development, especially
when developing in a team. It supports Subversion and CVS version
control, has excellent predictive typing, PHPDoc support, syntax
highlighting, ftp and sftp support, the list goes on...

Also, for about $80 (off the top of my head), there is a great course
run by PHP Architect on getting the most from it - it really is a
powerful tool.

Downside is it's more costly than others, but well worth it in my
opinion.

Just my thoughts...

Cheers
Steve

--
Steve Turnbull

Digital Content Developer
YHGfL Foundation

e steve.turnbull@xxxxxxxxx
t 01724 275030

The YHGfL Foundation Disclaimer can be found at:
http://www.yhgfl.net/foundation-services/yhgfl-email-disclaimer/