Re: memory leak - how to find it?

On 7/31/06, Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to debug a php script that I downloaded, which has a memory
leak in it.

I was looking for a way to find what variables were in php's memory, and
what size, they were, but I couldn't find anything?

The script is a off-line wiki conversion tool (walks through a wiki to
create a bunch of html files for off line viewing). As the tools walks the
files, and does the conversion, I can see the memory consumption go up and
up as it walks the files, until it hits the mem limit, and crashes.

Depending on how "big" the wiki is, if it's creating references to
other files it will need a lot of memory to remember all the different
links it has to create (phpdocumentor has a similar issue/reason).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/