Re: fopen: space character in filename

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 17:27, Robert Cummings wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 16:55, Christian Calloway wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > this seems like an easy question, but I could sure as hell couldn't find any
> > responces to it through initial searched. I am running php on an XP system
> > and I need to open a file contained with a set of directories which may or
> > may not have a space character; so for example:
> >
> > fopen ("X:\Dont Talk\About\My Momma\please.txt", "x");
> >
> > I tried using \ characters, no luck (even attempted to cancel out the
> > backspace characters ala \\ and http space code %20, and still nothing.) Any
> > ideas?
>
> RTFM -- you need to double backslash when using double quotes. Otherwise
> use single quotes.

And after writing that I re-read and realized you did *hah*. Make sure
the file exists on the hard drive where you think it does. Also make
sure you have read permissions. And hwile you're at it, make sure you
have error reporting enabled so you can see any "special" errors that
might be issued for various violations.

Cheers,
Rob.