Re: Re: Stumped! 4.x to 5.1 problem!!

markw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [snip]
>> seems the perceived problem is being caused by something else?
>>

> Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree.

ok :-).

> I was converting all indexes to string indexes, and simply using
> "zend_hash_update" to re-constitute the objects and they simply did not
> work. When I scanned indexes strings to test for purely numeric content,
> and when true, used "zend_hash_index_update" instead, it worked.

ah - now it makes more sense, your seeing a change in behaviour at the 'C'
level, from a userland perspective "0" and 0 still reference the same element in
an array.

but obviously when playing with array indexes internally (under the hood of the
php engine) things are different between version 4 and 5.

> This behavior appears different in 5.1.X from 4.x, I can't explain it
> 100%, but I know that this change fixed the problem I was seeing.

good to see you fixed the issue!