RE: PAYMENT TRANSACTION

> BBC wrote:
> > How are you all?
> > I hope some body can give me some references for internet payment.
> > I made a kind of shopping cart in my project; even though I
> was doubt in making it caused I don't have any idea how to
> make internet
> > transaction. But I just heard from a friend of mine that we
> can 'join' with special web site which handles payment transaction.
> > I'll be pleasure if some body can give references about
> this issue which explains how to collaborate with them step by step.
> > Thank you guys..
>
> What kind of 'internet payment' were you looking for?  Credit card?
> PayPal?  For credit cards, I get the customer's info and then use cURL
> to stuff it down a secure connection to Authorize.net.

My general rule of thumb:  "Never ever handle credit card details. Ever.
Pass the customer off to a third party that does it as their primary
service. (Paypal, etc.)"

Possible exception: If you are working for a huge corporation with deep
pockets and high dollar lawyers, for when the credit card info gets
compromised.

If you must handle credit card info, never ever store it anywhere.

JM