Enterprise grade CMS+Ecomm

Hello,

So we're getting ready to redo our website once again to integrate some
modern changes and a shift in branding. I'm currently looking at all my
options as far as software goes. The question I have to answer is "Do I
write everything by myself from scratch and spend 3-6 months doing it?
Or do I spend that same amount of money on a prebuilt system and spend 1
month integrating our new branding?"

The answer doesn't even have to be specifically one way or the other. It
could be a mixture of the two. Perhaps I use something like Drupal
(which I have no experience with) for the CMS part and write my own
ecommerce application. Or perhaps I write my own basic CMS and purchase
an ecommerce application?

I've seen X-Cart and at first glance it doesn't look terrible so far. At
least the design templates look to be pretty flexible.

I'm definitely not interested in osCommerce or derivatives thereof. Why?
Because I've worked with osC in the past and I dislike it very much.

As for a CMS, I just watched a video on Drupal 4.7 and it looks quite
interesting. Opinions?

I'm also currently looking at www.opensourcecms.com and have been to the
Joomla, XOOPS, Xaraya, and Mambo websites also.

Thanks,
Chris.