Re: forcing a script to run on page unload

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 21:32 -0700, jekillen wrote:
> in a site that I visit occasionally. Even if I quit the browser
> it still manages to delay the exit of the browser. But I don't
> remember whether it was one of my books on php or the php
> manual that this is in.

I think you are looking for something like this little class that I
wrote a while back:

http://www.phpclasses.org/browse/package/2837.html

It lets you close the browser and even log off completely, and will send
you an email once the process is done. I use it for a few things, large
PDF generation, importing _very_ large documents into our CMS, cleaning
up user garbage etc.

Take a look and see if it suits your needs. Let me know if you need some
help getting it going as well.

HTH

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer  http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm