Re: Mail que system written in PHP for Linux?

Hello,

on 07/15/2006 01:07 AM eastcoastguyz said the following:
> I have a client who's web site needs to send out opt-in e-mail. I
> contacted the web hosting service who they intend to host this with and
> they have a limit of 500 e-mail messages sent per hour. I suspect most
> web hosting services have a limit on this, so I thought about how to
> address this. The e-mail being sent out would be personalized, and
> there could be other processes from this same web site sending out
> e-mail to a list too. So I thought about developing a mail que system
> written in PHP to help with this.
>
> If this already exists, please point me to it. If there is a better way
> to do this, I would be interested to hear it. Thanks!

When you use the mail function in Linux, it uses sendmail or compatible.
In Linux, all MTA are compatible with sendmail. Sendmail is already a
queue system. There does not seem to be much point in duplicating a
sendmail function that it already does better than PHP could. PHP will
certainly will not override your ISP limits.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

http://www.metastorage.net/