Re: RE: How do I prevent a session from rebuilding itself?

Daevid Vincent wrote:
>> Just to be clear, what exactly are you trying to do?  Are you trying to
> logout a user....
>
> No.
>
> We write enterprise level software probably far surpassing what PHP was ever
> intended for.

hmm.

> However, our GUI is web based (LAMP).

so the GUI uses php but the rest doesn't?
kind of nullifies the statement aboveif thats the case.

> We have fail over cluster nodes. If a user is logged into one via a virtual
> IP, the browser sees it as transparent. When a node fails, it fails over
> fine (again, the browser still sees the same VIP). But the sess_ file is not
> on the new node -- by design. We purposely don't copy the /tmp/sess_ files.
> What we want is, since the session is gone, that $_SESSION['login'] is (in
> theory) missing/false [although it seems that PHP RAM takes precedence over
> HD now and this didn't used to be the case] that the user should be
> re-prompted to login.

so the user is prompted to login in again if a cluster node he happened to
be talking to fails.... whats the point of the transparency then? I really don't
care if my browsers sees the IP consistently - I'd rather just stay logged in.

have you considered that your enterprise level software might require a custom
session handler (see http://php.net/manual/en/function.session-set-save-handler.php)
maybe some kind of mysql cluster running a master-slave config? which would
potentially give you real transparency in case of a failed node.