Re: Randomly rotate image on page load? File under: Image Manipulation

David Robley wrote:
Chris wrote:

Micky Hulse wrote:
Hi,

I have not done much Googling yet... thought I would ask here before I
spend a bunch of time searching for some guidance... What would be the
best function set for on-the-fly image manipulation (specifically image
rotation?)

Is it easily done? Possible? Worth the trouble?

Any links and/or guidance would be appreciated (hopefully the answer is
 not a blatantly obvious RTFM.) :)
It is.

http://www.php.net/image

There's even a function to do the rotations for you

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imagerotate.php

If you actually want to load a different image each time, start with
php.net/rand Perhaps the image names could be integer based, or you could
oad the image paths into an array and use rand to select based on a numeric
key. Or you could store the image paths in a mysql database and use mysql's
RAND to select an image path for display.

The OP mentioned image manipulation, hence the pointer to the manual about editing images..

It's always interesting to see so many interpretations of the one thing :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/