Re: Shopping Carts

For what its worth, I have setup OSC a few times in
the past (around a yaer or two ago and it was a
breeze)
The thing that i didnt like about OSC was that it had
too many DB calls...that might have changed now.
Support via the community forums was fantastic.

ZC was a bit more of a hassle to setup than OSC but
still pretty easy, i found the same complaint of too
many DB calls in that too...might have changed now in
newer versions.
I really liked ZC, cant really remember why but i
preferred it over OSC.

Agora was pretty good but didnt get around to testing
all the bells and whistles, of which it has a LOAD.
For me it came under bloatware as there was soooo much
I wouldnt ever be using.

<shamless list-pal plug>
Theres a guy named Tedd on the list, he sets up/sells
carts, his services are not free but if you are
willing to pay you instead of going 100% free you
might want to contact him.
Going free and buying both have their pros & cons.
</shamless list-pal plug>
Note: I dont get a cent for the above plug or any
incentives in a material way

Cheers!
Ryan

--- Micky Hulse <micky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Michael B Allen wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> I plan on using this one for my next shopping-cart
> project:
>
> <http://www.cubecart.com/site/home/>
>
> "CubeCart is an eCommerce script written with PHP &
> MySQL. With CubeCart
> you can setup a powerful online store as long as you
> have hosting
> supporting PHP and one MySQL database"
>

> Looks pretty good to me... A plus for me is the base
> template - layout
> looks mostly CSS-based (tables used only where
> needed.) Also is free if
> you keep the logo/link back to CubeCart website
> (~60$ otherwise.)
>

> Another, that I have used, is:
>
> <http://www.zen-cart.com/>
>
> "Zen Cart� truly is the art of e-commerce; a free,
> user-friendly, open
> source shopping cart system. The software is being
> developed by group of
> like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and
> consultants that
> think e-commerce could be and should be done
> differently."
>
> I have not used ZC for a few versions, so I am sure
> it has improved... I
> did not think it was the greatest at templating and
> customizing the
> backend was a bit of a chore... but the community
> support is really good.
>
> Hth,
> Cheers,
> Micky
>
> --

------
- The faulty interface lies between the chair and the keyboard.
- Creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster!
- Smile, everyone loves a moron. :-)