RE: Chnage Management in PHP aka version control?

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 10:50 -0500, Jay Blanchard wrote:

> For instance we have a server. That server requires that PHP be
> recompiled with additional features. I would like to record the change,
> and maybe even plan for the change. I would need a baseline for PHP and
> then be able to setup maintenance to be done or maintenance that was
> performed. That way, if something goes kablooey (ka-bloo-E) we can roll
> back to where things were prior to the change.

Way back when, I wrote something like that. It sucked, but was really
easy to write very quickly. The hardest part was the DB design...

I would suggest looking through some of the projects on Sourceforge andd
freshmeat though, there is bound to be a useful app there. On the other
hand you could just roll out a BugZilla Helpdesk from Mozilla, but that
is designed for a huge company with many servers, desktops etc.

You could use our framework to roll out a solution in a few hours, but
you would have to learn it first... <sigh> I agree with the first reply
- roll your own, its less stress than you think!

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer  http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm