Re: Re: Templates, PHP Frameworks, and DB Abstraction?

Hello,

on 07/03/2006 03:38 AM Lester Caine said the following:
>>> I'd like to get some feedback on what the list thinks is a good template
>>> engine other than smarty.
>>>
>>> I'd also like to do some quick prototyping using a PHP framework does
>>> anyone
>>> have any recommendations for one that is easy to pick up and run with?
>>>
>>> Finally, does anyone have any suggestions for a good PHP database
>>> abstraction library?
>>
>> You may want to take a look at this post for a few recommendations:
>>
>> http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/post/52-Recommended-PHP-frameworks.html
>
> That is a nice sales pitch Manuel but takes  bit of digesting.

If you were looking for specific recommendations, they are at the end of
the post.

Anyway, the post was more to say that there is no consense regarding
what is the recommended framework for PHP. Most people end up picking
components for different purposes from different sources because
different developers have developed the best packages for their own
purposes.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos