Re: creating a threaded message system--sorting messages

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the help. I was just coming to a similar conclusion last night after reading the warnings on this thread about querying the database recursively. I guess my test data with 7 posts is not a rigorous simulation. :-)

I've looked through the posts on the PHP general list going back about 3-6 weeks and can't find the thread you speak of. I searched by your name assuming that you posted into the thread and searched by the string "recursive" and "recursion". If you could steer me to it in some other way (subject of the thread or subject word) I would appreciate it, but only if it is not too much trouble. I can take a go at it now that the basic approach is carved out: query once, recurse the data in PHP.

Thanks,

Ben