From: Paul Novitski [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 1:15 PM
To: PHP-General
Subject:  cool your jets [WAS: Re: [PHP] working on a template
system...]

Hey kids,

I thought I was joining a PHP list, not a snarky ego-fest.  I assume most of
us are trying to get work done around here and are interested in programming
Q&A.  Please take your squabbles off-list or re-title them.  They're
off-topic and a waste of everyone's else's time.  Yeah I've got a delete key
but I have to open & read the extraneous crap to discover that I need to
delete the garbage messages.  I'm pressed for time.  If you're not, PLEASE
get some programming work to keep you off the street.

This list badly needs a bouncer.

If you can't treat your colleagues with respect, what is it that you need?
More love? sex? drugs? therapy?  Whatever it is, please work out your
emotional issues off-list so you don't feel compelled to take out your
frustrations on your peers who are, just like you, trying to do their best
with the intelligence and education at hand.  Any asshole can declare war.
The future is made of cooperation, respect, and mutual education.

Can anyone recommend another PHP list where there's a much higher
signal-to-noise ratio?

Grumpily,
Paul