Re: Single quotes verses double quotes default behavior with DW --------> (Pretty much 0T )

Ryan A wrote:

--- Prathaban Mookiah <prathap@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Are you trying to use PHP to write the HTML onto a
database. If this is the case you can simply use addslashes(). This way you can still preserve the double quotes, but write into the database without
any problems.

Either way some processing will be involved at some
point. So I guess there is not much you can do about it.

Prathap

Hello,
Yes, I want to write the HTML to the DB, and I know
other than str_replace I have the option of
addslashes, but with addslashes I have to take into
account magic_quotes being on/off...and since this is
going to be used on a few servers it just complicates
matters a bit more, I am trying to take the guesswork

So check the value of magic_quotes before you escape your data. If this is MySQL, use mysql_real_escape_string() and not addslashes()

and extra coding out of the scripts and solve the
problem before it comes to the scripts...by changeing
the default in DW.

Change the default in Dream Weaver? Can you be sure that all people now and in the future who will be entering data into your db will be using your 'modified' version of Dream Weaver? Forget Dream Weaver, and worry about the input data....never trust user input.

--
John C. Nichel IV
Programmer/System Admin (ÜberGeek)